Summit Medical Group provides an opportunity for individuals to experience jobs for those interested in the health care field. Observational experiences are designed to help individuals learn about health career options and to gather information in a variety of areas. This program offers a 4-8 hour, once-a-month experience in a specified area at Summit Medical Group. Participants do not partake in any hands-on patient care and are not entitled to compensation or benefits.
Program participants have the opportunity to:
- Identify career interests
- Experience a workplace setting
- Observe duties and responsibilities of health care employees
- Observe interpersonal communication skills in a professional atmosphere
- Develop a relationship with healthcare professionals
Individuals who are eligible for the observational experiences must be at least 18 years of age. This opportunity is offered to:
- College students
- Those searching and interested in a second career
Summit Medical Group offers shadowing experiences in the following departments:
- Nurse Practitioner/Practical Nurse
- Medical Assistant
- Front Office
NOTE: Not all clinical areas are available for observation.
Interested? Download this PDF and follow the instructions