Cardiac monitors are used to evaluate any irregular heartbeats or blood pressure issues that you may experience during regular activities including exercise and sleep.
- Wear loose clothing, preferably a short-sleeved button up shirt.
- Do not apply creams, oils, or powder to your chest before the test.
- What to expect during the test
- Monitor is attached to your chest or arm and carried in a pouch inside your clothes
- Record daily activities and any symptoms experienced during monitoring time period.
- Return to the office as directed by your physician to have the monitor removed.
- Do not get monitor wet.
- Continue medications as directed.